Westinghouse iGen2200 Review
Are you looking for a reliable generator to use in case of emergencies? Then, the Westinghouse generators could be the best choice.
This can be ideal for a camping trip or for an outdoor trip or event. The Westinghouse is an American company that has been on the market for years. In this period of time, it has released a lot of models with different features. They are powerful generators powered by a Westinghouse engine.
Westinghouse iGen2200 is one among them, which is one of the best and top-rated inverter generators on the market. It is a simple and compact design, specifically developed for various outdoor use.
Is it a good value for money? This is one of the common questions from buyers nowadays. If you are also looking for the same, you are in the right place.
We’ve done research to review the Westinghouse iGen2200. So, we hope this will help you to have some information about it. Let’s take a look at this and have the information that you are exactly looking for.
Westinghouse iGen2200 is among the top 10 inverter generators for sale. It is a relatively quiet, well-designed, lightweight, and reliable inverter.
When you turn to the Westinghouse iGen2200, you’ll probably easily find out one of its best features is that it is very quiet. It runs at 52 decibels at quarter load, which is an average level of an inverter generator. This is why it is considered a super quiet generator.
This sound level would be less than a conversation between two people. In other words, the sound is somewhat equal to a small car engine humming gently from a bit of distance.
It is lightweight due to its less weight of 46 lbs. This is light enough for a person to carry in one hand for a short distance. Another interesting thing is, you won’t feel heavy or discomfort while unloading it from your truck or setting it up at a campsite. So, it is one of the best inverter generators I’ve come across so far.
Specs of Westinghouse iGen2200
- Wattage: 2200 Starting / 1800 Running Watts
- Outlets: 2 x 120V Outlets, 2 x USB Ports
- Noise Level 52 dB @ 25% load
- Weight: 46.3 lbs
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- Dimensions: 19.69 x 11.22 x 17.91"
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 1.0 gal
- Engine: 79cc
- Run Time: 12h @ 50% load
- Starting Method: Manual
What I like about Westinghouse iGen2200
As discussed, one of the highlighting features of the Westinghouse iGen2200 is its noise level. It is simply awesome how quiet it is, which is better than other inverter generators, but not more than the open frame gas-powered generators.
It noises nearly the same as the noise level of conversation of few people, making it ideal for campsites and RV parks as it won’t disturb your neighbors.
Long run time
Another interesting fact about the generator is its run time. It delivers a great running time of 12 hours at ¼ load.
There is a fuel efficiency mode, which can be operated easily depending on the load. You can find it on the control panel, and you can activate it by switching on and off the button.
Moreover, you can access this generator even in the high loads for hours without interruptions.
The price is another essential factor when it comes to the generator. In such a case, the price of the Westinghouse iGen2200 generator can be a real game-changer if you are concerned about the price.
The price of the unit is around less than $500, which is half of the price of Honda. However, it still delivers power output as same as the Honda EU2200i so that it can be a great option for its price.
Are you looking for an affordable generator for occasional use? The Westinghouse iGen2200 would be the best choice. This is not an exceptional model specifically designed for long-term and continuous professional use.
It comes with a three-year warranty. You can have customer service from Westinghouse in case of problems. It is really helpful during power failure and great at dealing with any problems in your generator.
Portability is another feature, making it one of the best across the world. The Westinghouse iGen2200 inverter generator can be carriable easily anywhere by one adult. However, you may feel heavier when you fill with gasoline and oil. So, you have to keep in mind that when transporting it.
This is compact and doesn’t need much place for storage. If you are concerned about the space or storage, this might be the best choice.
The Westinghouse iGen2200 delivers 1800W of running power and 2200W of surge power, which is more than other generators of a similar size. Most inverter generators only produce 1600 running watts and 2000 peak watts.
In addition, you can run two of these same models with parallel cords. Running two of these together will double your power, allowing you to connect more devices to it. This can be a perfect option for one who wants to operate larger devices at the same time.
Run time is another thing to be considered. It runs for up to 12 hours at a 25% load. That is an excellent run time, which you cannot find in most inverter generators. Most other generators will typically run for 6-8 hours at quarter load.
With the parallel connectivity, you can have the double power of 4400 surge watts, allowing you to run many appliances such as an electric heater, lights, etc.
Ease of Use
iGen2200 is easy to use and handle. It comes with a simple on/off switch combined with the choke, a breaker, an efficiency switch, outlets, and a reset button.
- Like many portable generators, the iGen2200 start-up is easy with the pull of a cord and a single turn of a knob.
- The easy-to-use control panel allows you to easily navigate between the many features with ease.
- The power control knob features three different settings, including off, run, and choke, allowing you to find the right setting quickly.
- There are three LED lights indicators to help you know the generator status, including overload, low oil level, and output readiness.
- Features an efficiency mode switch to allow the generator to run at maximum fuel efficiency.
- There are two 5V DC USB ports for mobile phones and other electrical appliances and a 120V AC outlet for running multiple appliances simultaneously.
- The plugs are covered with plastic for safety purpose
- The 20A circuit breaker prevents overload
Most portable generators operate at 70-78 dB at 23 feet, which is nearly the sound of a typical vacuum cleaner. When it comes to the Westinghouse iGen2200, it runs at 52 dB at 20 feet away from the generator. This is quite lower than other portable generators in the market. So, this is considered a very quiet generator, making it a perfect option for residential, camping, tailgating, etc.
Gas Consumption & Capacity
- Rated Amps: 13.3 Amps @ 120 volts
- AC maximum output starting Watts: 2200W
- AC rated output running Watts: 1800W
- Rated AC voltage: 120 VAC
- Frequency: 60 Hz
Service, Manual & Warranty
Westinghouse makes their customer feel confident and comfortable during and after the purchase with its excellent service.
They are ready to offer warranty service at any time. The Westinghouse iGen2200 comes with three years limited warranty.
Though the generator is easy to use, it comes with a user manual with all the essential information. In case of doubt, you can refer to that for clear information.
Pros and Cons of the Westinghouse iGen2200
- Weighs just 46 pounds.
- Features 2 USB outlets.
- 12 Hour Run Time @ 25% load
- Parallel capable
- 1800 rated watts and 2200 peak watts
- Less than 3% THD - Safe for electronic devices.
- Runs for up to12 Hour Run Time at 25% Load
- Three Year Warranty and Free Lifetime Technical Support
- Competitively priced.
- Some have experienced starting generators a bit hard in colder weather.
If you search for a 2000-watt inverter generator for RVs or camping, you cannot go wrong with the Westinghouse iGen2200 generator. It is easy to carry and offers the same functions as many more expensive generators on the market right now.
Westinghouse iGen2200 Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator 1800 Rated & 2200 Peak Watts, Gas Powered, CARB Compliant Garden & Outdoor
- 1800 Rated Watts and 2200 Peak Watts at Less Than 3% THD - Weighs Only 46 Lbs. - Gas Powered - Two 120V 20 Amp Outlets, Two USB Outlets
- Great Choice for Home Use as an Emergency Backup in a Power Outage - Strong Enough to Run All Your Home Essentials
- Extremely Quiet, Extremely Fuel Efficient: as Low as 52 dBA Noise Output and 12 Hour Run Time on a 1. 2 Gallon Gas Tank - Features "Economy Mode" for Maximum Fuel Efficiency
- Parallel Capable - Combine Your iG... Read More