Westinghouse generator 9500
Best gasoline 9500 watts generator.
The Westinghouse WGen 9500 generator is one of my top recommendations when people ask me about gas generators. There is also a Westinghouse 9500DF generator variant which is a dual fuel generator that can run on both gas and propane. In this article, we will look at 9500 gas generators although there is not much difference between them except fuel type. This is my top recommendation for the best 9500 watts gas generator. This is because of the generator’s overall quality and reliability which is greater than other generators. If you want a generator to charge up small appliances you can go for less wattage generators. But a 9500 watts generator is a powerful one which can charge up your entire home, your RV and very good power backup during long trips.
Although it is not as handy as Westinghouse iGen series which is specially built for portability.The WGen series are meant for heavy loads and high power machineries. There are 7500 watts. 9500 watts, 13000 watts and so on which are good for everyday use around your home. When it comes to power, the high wattage generator is what everyone needs. But with higher power comes high cost. But the Westinghouse 9500 generator is very fuel efficient and low cost maintenance too. It is tough enough to give power supply to residential areas and jobsite areas too. Let us see a detailed review about this generator.
Westinghouse generator 9500:
- Brand: Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment
- Wattage: 9500 watts
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 27.2 x 26.1 x 26.5 inches
- Item Weight: 220 Pounds
- Color: Transfer Switch & RV Ready, CARB Compliant
- Voltage: 120240
- Engine Type: 4 Stroke
- Engine Displacement: 457 Cubic Centimeters
- Ignition System Type: Electronic
- Runtime: 12 hours
One of the best conventional generators with gasoline options from the house of Westinghouse is the WGen9500 gasoline generator. This generator is very safe to use since it is approved by EPA (Environmental Protection Agency). The powerful 57cc engine delivers an output power of 12500W and a running watts of 9500W. Plus, the engine is made of cast iron sleeve for increased durability. The 6.6-gallon capacity gas tank provides a runtime of 12 hours which is more than enough to run essential appliances.
Although the WGen9500 weighs about 220 pounds, it is easy to move with the help of wheels and handlebars. You can start the engine in an instant with the help of an electric push-button. For your convenience, this generator is provided with a keyfob used for the remote start of the generator. Very importantly, the safety features like fuel gauge will indicate the fuel levels, so it is easy to schedule refueling. In addition, a VFT data center will fetch you the real-time updates of the generator. Since the hours of operation of the generator are displayed, the operator can plan for maintenance.
Engine and control panel:
With 11200 peak watts and 8500 running watts, the Westinghouse Wgen 9500 generator is one of the most efficient and high-power suppliers in the gasoline generator category. If you are running them on gasoline, the running watts can reach up to 9500. It has two GFCI 120V 5-20R household receptacles, one RV ready 120/240C 14-50R, and one transfer switch ready 120V L14-30R. This generator has a heavy-duty 457cc four-stroke OHV engine which gives you a long-lasting performance. It also comes with a remote start key fob, 12V battery charger, etc. This generator is a must-buy for home power needs.
Power and run time:
The Westinghouse 9500 generator has a 457 cc OHV four stroke engine which gives you 12500 starting watts and 9500 running watts. It can be started with a pull start mechanism and also has an electric start option. So you can use whichever you find convenient and easy. To make the startup process much easier, the WGen 9500 can also be started remotely as it comes with a key fob. The full capacity of the WGen 9500 is 6.6 gallons and it will give you 17.5 hours of run time on a full tank of gas. The THD (total harmonic distortion) of this generator is greater than 23% so you are not recommended to charge sensitive electronics like smartphones, laptops etc.
The conventional meter on the control panel will show you the frequency, lifetime hours and voltage of the generator and helps you to maintain the status and activity of the generator. The built in fuel gauge will help you to check the fuel level conveniently. To help you safely use the generator, it also has overload protection, automatic low oil shut off feature which will lessen your burden while using the generator. The Westinghouse WGen 9500 generator is both EPA and CARB compliant so you can use this generator in every 50 states. It also has a spark arrestor so you can fearlessly use them in forested areas.
Why we love Westinghouse generator 9500:
- This heavy size generator is easy to transport using the wheels and the handlebars
- In case of a low oil level, the automatic oil shutoff system will shut off the engine. So, the engine is protected from damages
- You can start or stop the generator operation remotely using the remote keyfob
- The generator is easy to install and maintain since the automatic features will detect any malfunction and protect the generator before the damage occurs. For example, the circuit breakers will prevent overheating of the motor and the digital voltmeter tracts the internal operation of the generator
- In case of any query, customer care is ready to pick your call at any time. So, you can clear installation and maintenance related doubts
- The engine will reduce its RPM based on the loads. So, you can save the fuel
- A heavy-duty 457cc OHV engine can deliver a maxim starting watts of 12500W and running watts of 11200W with gas, whereas it gives 9500W of starting watts and 8500W of running watts with propane filled tank
- The engine can offer a runtime of 12 hours continuously, so you need not wake up from the middle of your sleep to refuel the tank
- The generator is heavy, but it operates at a low noise level of 74 decibels
A generator is a very important tool during disasters and emergencies so you have to put a lot of thought and money in it before you land on the right one. If you are buying a toaster and it doesn’t start after a few uses, there is not much at sa\take and you can buy a new one. But if you face any sudden power surge and you don't have the right kind of generator to help you get power, then you are in great difficulty. That is why I recommend you to buy the right kind of generator that will suit your everyday needs. The Westinghouse WGen 9500 generator is a perfect power supply for people living in the city and for people who travel off the grid.
Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen9500 Heavy Duty Portable Generator 9500 Rated 12500 Peak Watts, Gas Powered, Electric Start, Transfer Switch & RV Ready, CARB Compliant Garden & Outdoor
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts; Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 12 Hours of Run Time on a 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R, and Two 5V USB Ports; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast I... Read More
Other similar Westinghouse generator:
Westinghouse WGen5300s Storm Portable Generator with Electric Start:
Westinghouse WGen 5300s is a portable generator that comes with an electric start for easy running. It has 5500 running watts and 6600 peak watts that give you immense power for your outdoor activities. The fuel capacity of this generator is 4.7 gallons which can run up to 13.5 hours. It has multiple ports for power outlets, and all these outlets are rubber-covered to provide you additional safety. Are you a person who likes to go on RV trips often because this generator will be a perfect companion for your road trips. The package includes generator, oil, oil funnel, toolkit, wheel kit, user manual, etc. The 274cc Westinghouse 4-stroke OHV engine is the reason behind this generator's ultimate power. The engine has an automatic low oil shutdown feature that will come in handy during oil shortages.
Westinghouse WGen5300s Storm Portable Generator with Electric Start and 120/240 Volt Selector 5300 Rated 6600 Peak Watts Gas Powered, CARB Compliant, RV and Transfer Switch Ready Garden & Outdoor
- 5300 Running Watts & 6600 Peak Watts; Electric Start; 4.7 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge; Up to 13.5 Hours of Run Time with 120/240V Volt Selector Switch
- Features One 5–20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle, One RV-Ready TT-30R 30 Amp Receptacle, and One Transfer Switch Ready L14-30R 30 Amp Receptacle; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, Wheel Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Ri... Read More