Best portable generators
For trips and emergencies.
Everybody likes trips to the woods or camping in the mountains. But nobody wants to compromise their electricity on these trips. Can you imagine when you are on top of the hill and want to take a picture of the sunrise, but your battery dies. Nobody likes that. Portable generators are the solution for temporary power backup and can be used during blackouts. If you are from the suburbs, you will come across the humming sound of generators during storms and power outages. Portable generators are used in various events like camping, tailgating, barbeque parties, and any extension cord can't reach.
They are small, making them a good travel companion on RV trips. Portable generators are considered investments rather than luxury products. They come in handy during various situations. But with so many generators on the market, choosing the suitable portable that suits your budget and needs might be a tiring task. But we are here to make the selection process manageable. Our research team has scrutinizingly analyzed and came up with the best portable generators for 2021. They are practical, suitable for camping and budget-friendly.
Best portable generators:
- Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240
- DuroMax XP4850EH Generator-4850
- Westinghouse WGen7500 Portable Generator with Remote Electric Start
- DuroMax XP12000EH Generator-12000 Watt Gas or Propane Powered
- Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen3600v Portable Generator
- Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment iGen160s Portable Power Station and Outdoor Generator
- A-iPower SUA2000iV 2000 Watt Portable Inverter Generator Gas Powered
- Champion Power Equipment 200951 2500-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
- WEN 56203i Super Quiet 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
- Champion Power Equipment 100813 9375/7500-Watt Portable Generator
1. Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240
|5.19 x 9.05 x 7.67 inches
Our first portable generator, Jackery portable power station, has been included in the "best portable generator for outdoors" by Digital Trends. This portable generator is equipped with multiple outlets, namely 1 Ac outlet, 2 USB A outlets, and 1 DC car port, which you can use for mobile charging, light, mini cooler fan etc. It is 240 watt with 1608 Ah. This is a lithium-ion battery pack that is content for outdoor charging and trips. It has a solid handle and lightweight, making it a perfect companion during your camping and trekking. It can power your mobiles, laptops and camping light on the go and makes your trip even more fun and secure.
This portable generator has a built-in MTTP controller, which efficiently recharges with the right solar panel. We recommend using Solar Saga 60W for efficient results. You have to buy them separately as they do not come with the generator. You can also recharge them with a wall outlet or car outlet. They even optimize the product from time to time for a better experience. There are few shortcomings like they cannot support an ice shaver, blender and electric grill. But given the price tag, you couldn't ask for anything more, and it works effectively on charging your personal belongings. Overall it is a great product and has excellent customer support too.
Why we love Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240:
- Best portable generator for camping and trekking.
- It is budget-friendly.
- It has a 12V carport and two USB outlets.
- You can charge our mobiles and laptops too.
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240, 240Wh Backup Lithium Battery, 110V/200W Pure Sine Wave AC Outlet, Solar Generator (Solar Panel Not Included) for Outdoors Camping Travel Hunting Emergency Garden & Outdoor
- 【BUY WITH CONFIDENCE】The Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station has been featured as the "Best Portable Power Station for use in the outdoors" by Digital Trends. A classic choice for your pick.
- 【EASY TO CARRY】This entry-level portable power station is equipped with a 240Wh lithium-ion battery pack, weighing only at 6.6 pounds. The solid handle makes it easy to carry around for outdoor adventures such as Tent Camping, Road Trip, Backyard Camping, etc.
- �... Read More
2. DuroMax XP4850EH Generator-4850
|24 x 17 x 17 inches
DuroMax is one of the most reputable generator companies which has been functioning for almost two decades. It has 4850 starting watt and 3850 running watt, which makes it one of the best portables for outdoors and home equipment. It can handle high-power machinery like refrigerators, air conditioners and some high-power tools. And the best part of this generator? This is a dual fuel generator, which operates on both gasoline and propane. So you can choose the fuel according to your flexibility. This 210cc OHV engine is equipped to power bulk machinery, which can be the best energy backup for your home needs.
It has dual voltage options, namely 120V and 240 receptacles. So you can either choose between 120V/240V, or you can use 120V at maximum power. The power panel includes 120V GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) and twist-lock outlets. It also has a voltmeter panel and 12V DC charging port, which is used to change the generator's external batteries. It is less costly maintenance, and propane is generally less expensive. They do not harm your engine's internals, and they can be stored indefinitely as they have a longer shelf life. It is 130 pounds, so you might need a little help while installing them to its place. It is a great companion for RV traveling people.
Why we love DuroMax XP4850EH Generator-4850:
- It is a dual fuel generator that works on both gasoline and propane.
- Propane has a high shelf life and is less expensive.
- It has dual voltage:120V and 240V.
- It is best suitable for Rv traveling people too.
DuroMax XP4850EH Generator-4850 Watt Gas or Propane Powered-Electric Start-Camping & RV Ready, 50 State Approved Dual Fuel Portable Generator, Green Garden & Outdoor
- Plenty of Power – With 4,850 starting watts and 3,850 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- Dual Fuel Technology – This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice
- Powerful Engine – The DuroMax 210cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage applia... Read More
3. Westinghouse WGen7500 Portable Generator with Remote Electric Start
|Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment
|27.2 x 26.1 x 26 inches
The WGen7500 is considered a fantastic generator among all of them because of these features. It delivers massive power output at any time. This generator has 11 hours of run time when fueled with a 6.6-gallon fuel tank. It has two GFCI and one L14-30R twist-lock receptacle. All the Westinghouse generators are tried and tested in their factory. So if you see any oil residue or fuel odor, it is expected. It has three years of limited service and nationwide customer service, so you got your back covered. The push-button electric start and remote start are some of the promising features of the Westinghouse generator.
It allows you to use two different types of fuel. It delivers 9500 starting watts and 7500 running watts on gasoline, 8550 starting watts, and 6750 running watts on propane. So, it is ideal for both home usages and job sites. What is even more attractive is its dual configuration. Also, it has a remote start function to start the generator automatically when it detects a power failure, and it is a CARB and EA complaint. The bigger size of its tank gives it a run time of 16 hours on gasoline and 11 hours on propane at 25% load. It is around 192 pounds, so you need a little help while fitting the generator in its place.
Why we love Westinghouse WGen7500 Portable Generator:
- It has a remote start function.
- This generator produces plenty of power.
- It is affordable and the best value for money.
Westinghouse WGen7500 Portable Generator with Remote Electric Start 7500 Rated Watts & 9500 Peak Watts, Gas Powered, CARB Compliant, Transfer Switch Ready Garden & Outdoor
- 7500 Running Watts and 9500 Peak Watts; Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 11 Hours of Run Time on a 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5-20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle and One L14-30R 120/240V Twist-Lock Receptacle; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Plug-and-Play: Comes with a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User's Man... Read More
4. DuroMax XP12000EH Generator-12000 Watt Gas or Propane Powered
|30 x 29 x 26 inches
The Duromax XP12000EH is a phenomenal generator appropriate for crises. This is a double fuel generator with a running force of 9500 watts and a flood force of 12000 watts. The 3.96-gallon fuel limit has a runtime of 9 hours at an evaluated half burden. The driving force of this generator is 457cc, which conveys high ability to charge numerous machines. The RPM (Rotations each moment) can be brought down by inactive control, which helps in less fuel utilization and decreased commotion level. The programmed low oil shutoff framework distinguishes the low oil level and holds onto the motor. The force board comprises of 5 outlets, a voltmeter, and numerous ports for charging batteries. The generator adornments incorporate an oil pipe, Spark Plug Wrench, DC charging links, and a toolset.
A client manual assists you to get comfortable with the generator. This manual gives a short depiction of the functioning activity of the generator. It additionally incorporates fundamental investigating methods and a couple of support tips. On the off chance that a stream charger (low-amp chargers) isn't utilized, you need to begin the generator once at regular intervals. Sadly, petroleum gas can't be utilized as fuel.
Besides, it can harm your generator. A re-energize pointer light shows the charge of the battery. In the event that the battery is dead, you can charge it by running the generator or utilizing a stream charger. You should fit the haggles of the generator yourself. You can expand the runtime in the event that you utilize manufactured oil.
Why we love DuroMax XP12000EH Generator-12000 Watt:
- With 9500 running watts, it can charge high-power appliances.
- It is a dual fuel generator.
- The four-stroke engine gives more torque.
DuroMax XP12000EH Generator-12000 Watt Gas or Propane Powered Home Back Up & RV Ready, 50 State Approved Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator, Black and Blue Garden & Outdoor
- Powerful DuroMax Engine: the XP12000EH is powered by a DuroMax, 457cc OHV engine.
- Dual fuel technology: the ability to run on propane or gasoline allows the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice.
- Plenty of power: with 12,000 starting watts and 9, 500 running watts, This unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools.
- Maximum power: with DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of th... Read More
5. Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen3600v Portable Generator
|Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment
|23.3 x 17.5 x 18.7 inches
The legacy Westinghouse brand has created is impeccable, and they are well known for their high-quality portable generator among the masses. They have made some groundbreaking technologies and given some innovative generators for the groups. This WGen 3600v generator is compact, lightweight and easily portable. They make good companions for Rv and campings. It will be a reliable power source for various electronics and essential appliances. It has a 68dBA decibel sound, which makes it one of the quiet generators of Westinghouse.
The Westinghouse WGen3600 produces 4650 maximum watts and 3600 evaluated watts on gas, and 4180 pinnacle watts and 3240 running watts on propane. A 212cc 4-cycle motor forces it. It has a 4-gallon fuel limit tank that assists with getting a charge out of force yield for a more extended time frame. In this way, it runs 18 hours on gas and 20 hours on propane at 25% burden. It accompanies four electrical plugs, a distant starter, and a press button. Likewise, it has a low oil shut off which turns off the motor consequently when it identifies low oil in the generator. You can get a 3-year guarantee for this model.
Why we love Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen3600v Portable Generator:
- It is one of the quiet portable generators.
- It has a long-running time of up to 18 hours.
- This generator is a perfect companion for Rv and camping.
Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen3600v Portable Generator 3600 Rated and 4650 Peak Watts, RV Ready, Gas Powered, CARB Compliant Garden & Outdoor
- 3600 Running Watts and 4650 Peak Watts; Recoil Start; 4 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge; Up to 13.5 Hours of Run Time Per Tank
- Features One 5–20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle, One RV-Ready TT-30R 30 Amp Receptacle, and One L5-30R 30 Amp Receptacle; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- Powered b... Read More
6. Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment iGen160s Portable Power Station and Outdoor Generator
|Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment
|7 x 3.77 x 8.14 inches
Westinghouse is a reputable American company generator that has been in the market for several years. It is also one of the cheapest generators among all others, and the cost is less than $500. It is a compact, durable, and portable generator. This generator will automatically shut down the unit when discovered maximum load, preventing the damage before it occurs. The 155-watt hour of a lithium-ion battery can charge your smartphone up to 17 times, tablets up to 9 times, DSLR camera up to 16 times and drones up to 23 times. This generator is compact, lightweight, and one of the most easily portable generators on our list.
It can charge up to 800% within six hours so that you can take them in emergencies. It is also an eco-friendly generator that does not emit high fumes and is easy to maintain. So by using them, you are not only benefiting yourself, you are helping your environment too. It has a built-in device and battery guard, which protects from short circuits, temperature and overloads. So you don't have to worry about the performance and safety. Since it has no engine, it is hassle-free. It is an ultra power quiet generator that helps you in times of power needs.
Why we love Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment iGen160s:
- It has no angle, and it is hassle-free maintenance.
- It is tranquil.
- You can charge your smartphone, tablet and DSLR camera multiple times.
Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment iGen160s Portable Power Station and Outdoor Generator 150 Peak 100 Rated Watts, Solar Solar, 155Wh Lithium-ion Battery (Solar Panel Not Included) Garden & Outdoor
- VERSATILE OUTLETS CHARGE UP TO 9 DEVICES AT THE SAME TIME: Pushing 100 Rated Watts and 150 Peak Watts Through (2) 120V Household Outlets, (2) USB Ports, (1) Quick Charge USB Port, (1) USB-C Port, (3) 6mm 9-12V DC Outlets - Strong Enough to Easily Power a 36" LED TV, Box Fans, or Heated Blankets
- HOURS & HOURS OF POWER ON A SINGLE CHARGE: 155 Watt-Hours of Lithium-Ion Battery Capacity - Provides Long-Lasting Power That Charges Smartphones Up To 17 Times, Tablets Up to 9 Times, ... Read More
7. A-iPower SUA2000iV 2000 Watt Portable Inverter Generator Gas Powered
|22 x 13 x 20 inches
A-iPower has more than 30 years of experience in the generator business. It has 2000 starting watts and 1600 running watts. With only 58 decibels, it is one of the quietest portable generators on our list. It is only 25 pounds, so it is easily transportable, and you can install them anywhere single-handedly. This generator comes in handy during camping, travel and tailgating. The design is simple and good-looking. The build is solid and sturdy and can supply a good amount of power for your home appliances. The price is budget-friendly so that you can go for them without any hesitation.
The generator's expense is under $500 on eCommerce locales like Amazon. It can make setting up camp, closely following, boats, occasions, parties, and so on This generator accompanies a lower cost as well as planned with a lot of highlights. Probably the best factor about the generator is it can resemble with a comparable inverter generator as it is as of now appended with a different equal unit. Thus, there is no compelling reason to go through additional cash to purchase an extra equal pack.
Why we love A-iPower SUA2000iV 2000 Watt Portable Inverter Generator:
- It is a four-stroke engine which makes it very efficient.
- This generator is lightweight and can be maintained easily.
- It is tranquil and affordable too.
A-iPower SUA2000iV 2000 Watt Portable Inverter Generator Gas Powered, Small with Super Quiet Operation for Home, RV, or Emergency
- Produces 2,000 starting watts with 1,600 running watts of clean and safe power for sensitive electronics such as phones, televisions, laptops, and other electronics
- Complete with A-iPower’s “Low idle” technology for an extended run time of 4 hours at 100% load and 7 hours at 50% load
- Equipped with a low oil alert light and low oil automatic shutdown, helping keep your generator performing year after year
- Powerful 79cc OHV 4-Stroke engine provides an abundant powe... Read More
8. Champion Power Equipment 200951 2500-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
|Champion Power Equipment
|17.3 x 12 x 17.7 inches
With only 39 pounds, the Champion 2500 watt portable generator is the lightest on in the market. It produces only 53-decibel sounds, so it is quiet during functioning too so that you won't be disturbed. This 2500 watt generator can run up to 11.5 hours, making it a perfect travel companion. You can parallel them with another 2500 watt champion generator for maximum power outcome. It gives you clean electricity, so there are no environmental damages.
Champion is one of the most popular brands in the market since 2003. It has a good reputation for producing and designing the right quality equipment. Today, Champion has expanded its equipment with portable generators, home standby generators, inverter generators, and engines. According to the survey, Champion has sold over 2.5 million generators in North America alone. It is the worldwide market leader in providing robust and reliable equipment.
Why we love Champion Power Equipment 200951 2500-Watt Portable Inverter Generator:
- It is lightweight and compact.
- The parallel kit allows you to connect them with another 2500 watt champion generator.
- Comes with three years warranty and lifetime technical support.
Champion Power Equipment 200951 2500-Watt Portable Inverter Generator, Ultralight Garden & Outdoor
- ULTRA-LIGHTWEIGHT: At only 39 pounds, this inverter is one of the lightest 2500-watt inverters in the industry
- QUIET OPERATION: 53 dBA from 23 feet is perfect for camping, tailgating or to backup a few home essentials, featuring 2500 starting watts, 1850 running watts and up to 11.5 hours run time
- PARALLEL READY: The optional clip-on parallel kit enables this inverter to connect with another 2500-watt Champion inverter to double your output power
- CLEAN POWER: Inclu... Read More
9. WEN 56203i Super Quiet 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
|17.3 x 11.5 x 17.7 inches
WEN brand inverter is on the list of the best inverter generators. WEN is one of the fantastic choices for camping and RV trips. If you want to connect the power for many appliances, the best choice is to choose the WEN inverter generator. The famous least expensive generator is WEN 56203i, which is an overall novice to the market. In spite of the fact that the WEN has astounding generators with numerous highlights, it has acquainted the 56203i model with bringing to the table this reasonable cost. It has an eco-mode to moderate fuel, and it is very eco-friendly.
This is truly outstanding to associate the force for such countless electrical machines. It is tranquil and has been approved by the US health and human service department. This generator has a full shutoff feature which uses the final fuel to its fullest. It has an eco mode, which adjusts the fuel consumption to extend the engine life and runtime.
Why we love WEN 56203i Super Quiet 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator:
- It is lightweight and easy to maintain.
- It has an eco mode that enhances performance and engine life.
- This is one of the affordable 2000 watts generators on the market.
WEN 56203i Super Quiet 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator w/Fuel Shut Off, CARB Compliant, Ultra Lightweight Garden & Outdoor
- Ultralight body weighs in at a mere 39 pounds for easy transport and storage
- Extremely quiet operation comparable to the sound of a normal conversation according to the US Department of Health and Human Services
- Produces 2000 surge watts and 1700 rated watts of clean power for safe charging of sensitive electronics (phones, tablets, televisions, computers, etc.)
- Fuel shutoff maximizes the generator’s lifespan by using up the remaining fuel in the carburetor b... Read More
10. Champion Power Equipment 100813 9375/7500-Watt Portable Generator
|Champion Power Equipment
|29.9 x 27.2 x 25.2 inches
Champion 7500 watts generator has eight hours of fuel time and a noise level of 74 decibels. It has monitors to keep track of the voltage, runtime and hertz. It has three years of warranty and a lifetime of technical support. The Volt guard will prevent your generator from any power surge and keeps them safe. The Champion generators have a fantastic design quality. The generator's design is one of the aspects of the popularity of Champions. It is available in different colors and is a sleek design. It can be attached with wheels and folded hands for easy transportation. However, these two parts do not come with generators and have to be purchased separately.
Why we love Champion Power Equipment 100813 9375/7500-Watt Portable Generator:
- It has eight hours of runtime and 74-decibel points.
- It has a volt guard which protects your equipment.
- You can keep track of the runtime and voltage easily.
Champion Power Equipment 100813 9375/7500-Watt Portable Generator with Electric Start
- Ultra-Powerful: At 9375 starting watts and 7500 running watts, enjoy up to 8 hours of run time on a full tank of gasoline with a noise level of 74 dBA from 23 feet
- Electric start: Trust the reliable 420cc Champion engine with its battery-included electric start featuring a reliable toggle switch, plus built-in Cold Start Technology for easy starts in cold weather
- Covered Outlets: Four 120V 20A GFCI outlets, a120/240V 30A locking outlet and a 120/240V 50A outlet (14-50R), plus V... Read More
To run a good day without ruining happiness during a blackout is very important. Generators play a vital role in helping people in the worst situations. Let the blackout days turn bright with these generators. Only generators can hold the torch during power outages. Portable generators even extend more excellent help when you need power amidst the most challenging situations. The foremost thing that should strike in your mind is environmental compliance. Because there are issues regarding noise pollution and air pollution caused by the emission of gases, if you use the generator in a remote location, you can opt for a bit louder generator as it doesn't disturb residential people. On the other hand, if a generator is required for home appliances, then the best quiet generators are preferred.