Best Onan RV Generators 2021 – Overview
Are you an RV enthusiast? Or looking for the best RV generators? Then, The Onan RV generators for you. The Onan comes with many variants for RVs, which help you operate several appliances like air conditioners, microwaves, and more tools. Though you may have electricity in many campgrounds, you cannot avail of it always. Here comes the built-in Onan RV generator to help you warm up your places with its reliable power. They come in handy and are easy to install and store it. We've compiled the best RV generator on the market after going through many research. Therefore, read the entire article and have the one that suits you.
What is an Onan RV Generator?
Onan RV generators are made by Cummins. They are portable and dependable engine power stations for your RV, which can power your coach. The Onan RV generators can run on diesel, gasoline, or liquid propane, letting you buy the variant you prefer. But most RVs have gas or propane as power sources.
Many large or heavy load vehicles, busses, farm machinery, large coaches use diesel as a power source. Most Onan generators are built into RVs and are available in various sizes to power small to large appliances, including air conditioners, television, microwave, etc. Onan RV generator meets all standards and specifications, making it the best option for RVs. One of the important factors is Onan RV generators aren't made by Cummins but are outsourced.
The first Onan generator was introduced in 1926 by David Onan. Followed by many series have introduced to the market. The Onan RV generators are lightweight when compared to older competitors' models. They are quieter and easier to install and operate. The best thing about the Onan RVs is they don't consume much fuel.
They require only less maintenance compared to their counterparts. The incorporated engine is powerful and high quality, which guarantees the engine's durability and efficiency. Onan RV comes in various shapes and sizes.
Here are some best Onan RV Generators for your reference. Read the entire article for more information about the Cummins Onan Generators RVs.
1. Cummins Onan 6.5HGJAB-904 RV Generator
Cummins Onan 6.5HGJAB-904 RV Generator is the first pick on this list. The Onan uses 6500 watts as power output to run all major electrical appliances in your RVs. Unlike others, this series uses liquid propane to run the engine, which is safe and delivers a good running time. In general, LP is good enough to generate clean and stable power than gasoline, making it a good option for RVs. Therefore, you'll get an extended run time than gasoline.
The Cummins Onan 6500 gas RV generator is powered by a 653cc engine, which is excellent at operating multi equipment at once, including television, air conditioner, fridge, microwave oven, toaster, etc. The generator operates at 60 decibels, making it a super quiet generator. The noise level could be similar to the normal conversation of few people. So, it doesn't disturb your family members or neighbors as well. Very importantly, it is equipped with microprocessor-controlled to minimize the voltage spikes, which guarantees safety for you and your electrical appliances. There is a digital voltage, and it lets you short out the problems in your generator without getting labor service.
The spark arrestor, on the other hand, helps you prevent the fire sparks from spreading outside during internal combustion. In addition, there is a noise muffler for quieter operation, which is USDA approved. It is made with proper ventilation, which minimizes overheating and helps keep the engine cool always. Not just the engine, it protects the whole unit from overheating.
What we like in the Cummins Onan 6.5HGJAB-904 RV Generator
- Onan 6500W generator is a super quiet generator than its competitors' models
- It operates at a low noise level of 60 dB
- It comes with a warranty of three years
- The unit is easy to install and operate
- The powered engine aids for delivering clean and consistent power
- With its 6500 watts, you can run more essential appliances in your RVs, including heavy ampere appliances like air conditions.
- The self-diagnostic capability lets you troubleshoot the issues with anyone's help.
- This can run on liquid propane, which provides extended run time compared to gasoline.
- It doesn't involve any voltage spikes, a perfect option for sensitive appliances as well, including mobile phones, television, laptops, etc.
Cummins Onan 6.5HGJAB-904 RV Generator and Component (Rv Qg 6500 Lp - 6500 Watt 120V Single Phase 60Hz Fixed Mount Lp Generator For To) Sports & Outdoors
- Product Type :Auto Part
- Package Dimensions :39.0 " L X25.0 " W X23.0 " H
- Country Of Origin :United States
- Package Weight :310.0lbs... Read More
2. Cummins Onan QG 4000 RV Generator
Are you a trip lover? Then, The Onan QG 4000 RV Generator is useful for you. It is powered by a powerful four-stroke air-cooled OHV engine, which generates reliable 4000 watts power to run more appliances at once, including 13500 BTU air conditioners and many more tools. It is not the best option for RVs but also for medium-duty commercial use.
There are some protective features like a digital voltage regulator, a single-pole 30-Amp Circuit Breaker, and frequency regulation. They help protect the whole unit from unnecessary damages. It is compact and lightweight with just 178 pounds and 30 x 19.7 x 14.4 inches in dimension.
The unit meets all standards and specifications, making it one of the best options for RVs. It operates at the noise level of 60 dB at 50 feet and more than 68 dB at 10 feet, which makes the unit super quiet compared to its competitors. It lets you lower the noise even less with a perfect installation. You can reduce the noise level by running the generator without any vibration, so a typical installation is required for that. It is enclosed with a spark-arresting muffler for quieter operation. So, this could be the best option for RVs and commercial use as well.
The microprocessor helps prevent the engine from overloading and over-cranking. There is an automatic shut-off feature to turn off the engine automatically when it detects low fuel in your generator. It comes with three years limited warranty for RVs and one year for commercial use. It doesn't require much maintenance rather, it is easy to maintain with minimal cost. You can have a user manual along with the package.
What we like in the Onan 4000 RV Generator
- The Onan generator 4000 watts is a good option for RVs and medium-duty applications.
- The microprocessor control with diagnostic is equipped to protect the unit with precautions.
- It weighs just 178 pounds, making the unit compact and lightweight
- It comes with reliable and powerful reliable Cummins-Onan OHV engine
- The unit offers a one-year limited warranty for commercial and three years for commercial use
- It is an eco-friendly and user-friendly unit
- The incorporated 4-point vibration guarantees smooth and quiet operation
- The unit meets all mandatory standards and requirements
Onan QG 4000 RV Generator is not available in Amazon. Check for Champion 4000-Watt Digital Hybrid.
Champion Power Equipment 100302 4000-Watt RV Ready Open Frame Inverter, Yellow Garden & Outdoor
- Advanced Open Frame Inverter Design: 50% quieter and 20% lighter than a traditional Champion 3500-watt generator, plus our Economy Mode feature saves fuel and extends engine life
- Quiet Technology and Extended Run Time: 64 dBA is great for RVs, tailgating, your next project or home backup, with 4000 starting watts and 3500 running watts for up to 17 hours run time on gasoline
- Clean electricity for sensitive electronics: RV Ready with a 120V 30A RV, plus two 120V 20A household... Read More
3. Cummins A058U944 P2500I portable inverter generator
Are you spending your whole time in your RVs? Then, it is important to power all essential appliances in your RVs to have a better experience. No worries! You'll feel at home in your RVs with no compromise when you have Cummins P2500I portable inverter generator. It provides an average output of 2500W to keep various power tools warm at all-time or during emergencies. This can be a perfect option for outdoor events, camping, etc.
This is powered by a 98cc 4-stroke engine, which generates starting watt of 2500W and a running watt of 2200W. The best thing about the unit is it is equipped with inverter technology for quieter operation. It also guarantees clean and stable power, which is less than 3%, making it safe for sensitive tools like mobile phones, laptops, cameras, and tablets.
In addition, it features an Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR) to prevent the unit from voltage spikes, thus reducing the unit damages. Plus, it has a smart eco mode to control the engine speed based on the load. It also aids in conserving the fuel, thereby increasing the runtime.
The highlighting feature of the series is it comes with dual fuel options, which lets you run on either gasoline or propane. The parallel compatibility allows you to connect two devices together to double the power output as 8000 watts. This aspect helps you operate more appliances in your RVs in case of emergencies. It delivers a runtime of 10 hours at 25% load with its one-gallon fuel capacity. You can find two 5V USB ports in the control panel, letting you run electronic devices like mobile phones, tablets, and laptops
What we like in the Cummins A058U944 P2500I portable inverter generator
- The construction guarantees the generator's durability
- This can run on both gasoline or liquid propane
- The fuel gauge lets you find the fuel level with ease
- With its one-gallon fuel capacity, it can run for up to 10 hours at applied quarter load
- The remote and electric starter helps you start and operate the engine with ease
- There are some safety features, including overload protection, spark arrestor, and rubber cap protection
- It is equipped with LED lights to help you monitor runtime, fuel level, output operations in real-time
- There are multi outlets, including a 120V 20A AC outlet, one 12V 8A outlet, and two 5V USB ports
Cummins P2500I portable inverter generator isn't available in Amazon. Check for Champion Equippent 3100 watt RV Ready Portable Generator.
CHAMPION POWER EQUIPMENT 3100-Watt RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator Garden & Outdoor
- Quick Touch Panel – Access all your controls in one spot, plus Champion’s safe design includes a low oil shut-off sensor and holds 0.6-quarts of oil (recommended 10W-30)
- Ultra-Quiet Operation – 58 dBA is perfect for RVs, tailgating, your next project or backup power for your home, featuring 3100 starting watts and 2800 running watts with up to 8 hours run time
- Clean Power for Sensitive Electronics – RV Ready with a 120V 30A RV, plus two 120V 20A house... Read More