3 Best Quiet Portable Generator 2021 – Overall Review
Today, we all most prefer the quietest generators for any purpose. So, are you looking for super quiet generators for homes, RVs, camping, job sites, and others?
There are vast quiet generators out there, so choosing the best one in the market is crucial.
However, selecting the best Quiet Portable Generator isn’t easy, so that here we come up with the top-rated generated on the market today after going through many research.
1. WEN 56200i
WEN 56200i one of the best and top-rated portable inverter generators in current trending. It is a relatively quiet and perfect option for everyday use.
This generator produces clean and constant power, making the generator free of voltage drops and spikes.
Since it is a quieter generator, its noise is less than conventional options and ranking high than others with the same features.
With its 2000 surge watts and 1600 running watts, it is capable of powering most of all appliances in your home, such as refrigerators, fans, lights, ovens, etc.
It comes with a 79.7cc four-stroke OHV engine, which ensures the durability of the generator. Moreover, its noise is lesser than a normal conversation of few people or a window air conditioner.
So, it would be the best option if you’re looking for generators for camping, tailgating, hunting, etc.
And its THC (Total Harmonic Distortion) is lesser than 0.3% at no load, and 1.2% at full load, making it safer for all sensitive devices like mobile phones, laptops, monitors, etc.
The design makes the generator easy to carry and transfer.
|Power Output||2000 starting watts and 1600 running watts|
|Fuel capacity||1 gallon|
|Runtime||6 hours at 50% load|
|Engine||79.7cc 4 stroke OHV engine|
|Noise Level||51 dBA (Decimal units)|
- A powerful engine can last longer the performance
- With 1 gallon tank, it can run for up to 6 hours at ¼ load
- Super quiet generator, lightweight, and portable
- Multi charging ports, including one 12V DC receptacle, one 5v USB port, and two three-prong 120V receptacles.
- Smart Throttle can help adjust the engine speed, depending on the load, which helps save fuel in the generator.
- Two years warranty
- EPA III approved and CARB compliant
- Excludes fuel valve
WEN 56200i 2000-Watt Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator, CARB Compliant Garden & Outdoor
- Dimensions: 18" x 11" x 18" | Weight: 48 lbs
- Noise Level: 53 dB operation
- EPA III and CARB Compliant 79.7 cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 2000 surge watts and 1600 rated watts
- Great for campgrounds, construction sites, tailgates and power outages
- Produces clean power to safely operate and prevent damage to sensitive electronics such as phones, tablets, televisions and computers
- Includes two three-prong 120V receptacles, one 12V DC... Read More
2. Honda EU2200i
Honda EU 2200i portable inverter generator is the latest version from Honda. According to the experts, it’s one of the best quietest options.
It allows you to access your appliances with its increased wattages of 2200. And its Honda GXR12o engine, on the other hand, makes it one of the best in the market.
When it comes to the noise level, it makes 49 dBA at 25% load during operation, which is the same as a normal conversation between the two people.
It comes with a 0.95-gallon fuel capacity, which is capable of running most electrical appliances in your home. This can run for up to 9 hours, depending on the load.
The series is lightweight, compact, and can power more reliable and constant power, making it ideal for sensitive appliances like laptops, mobile phones, etc.
It can be compatible with others with the same power, allowing you to increase the power in case of emergencies.
A Honda Oil Warning system acts as a protective shield to the engine and alerts you when the oil level is low. And also, turn off the generator automatically.
And its equipped circuit protection helps prevent the engine from overheating during operation. In addition, it comes with a pull-start, which is easy to start and maintain.
|Power Output||2200 starting watts and 1800 running watts|
|Fuel capacity||0.95 gallon|
|Runtime||9 hours depending on the load|
|Engine||Honda GXR12o engine|
|Noise Level||49 dBA (Decimal units)|
- Reputed brand
- Relatively quiet generator than others
- Powerful Honda GXR12o engine ensures greater performance
- Reliable and durable
- Low maintenance is enough for long-lasting performance
- Compact, easy to carry and transfer
- Ideal for sensitive appliances
- Excludes electric start
Honda 662220 EU2200i 2200 Watt Portable Inverter Generator Garden & Outdoor
- This popular model can operate a wide variety of appliances, making it perfect for portable use at home, camping, on the job site, or much more. Reliable Power is now at your fingertips with Honda's Inverted Generators.
- So quiet, your neighbors will thank you. The EU2200i operates at 48 to 57 dBA, which is less noise than a normal conversation. This makes it ideal for camping, supplemental RV power and any other activity that requires quiet operation.
- Add a second EU2200i fo... Read More
3. Yamaha EF2000iSv2
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 delivers high electrical output without compromising its portability. So, its surge power is 2000 watts and running power is 1600 running watts.
It operates at only 51.5 dBA at 25% load with its inverter technology, making it one of the best quiet portable generators in the market. With a full tank of fuel, you can run for up to 10.5 hours continuously.
This is not only quiet but also fuel-efficient. It can reduce the overall heat in the engine and ensures long-lasting performance.
There is a dual-core alternator stator to adjust the engine speed and cut down the fuel consumption.
And its control panel allows you to access many highlights in one spot. It makes the operating process effortless and helps you start the generator easily and quickly.
|Power Output||2000 starting watts and 1860 running watts|
|Fuel capacity||1.1 gallon|
|Runtime||10.5 hours depending on the load|
|Engine||79cc air-cooled, 4 stroke engine|
|Noise Level||51.5 dBA (Decimal units)|
- Comes with a powerful Yamaha engine
- Its sturdy and robust construction makes the generator withstand any weather conditions.
- Extremely quiet generator
- Easy to start with its automatic decompression system
- Automatic shut off to turn off the engine when detects low fuel
- Slightly pricier, but worth to buy
YAMAHA EF2000iSv2, 1600 Running Watts/2000 Starting Watts, Gas Powered Portable Inverter,Blue Automotive
- 1600 watt rated AC output, 2000 watt maximum AC output, 13.3/16.7 amps @ 120V
- Super-quiet muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor - 51.5 dBA at 1/4 load
- Smart Throttle varies engine speed based on load - improves fuel economy and reduces noise
- Inverter system with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control
- CARB Compliant ... Read More
These are the top-rated quiet generators available in the market today. They are super quiet generators than other competitors and a perfect option for daily use.
They are also affordable and can be used for various activities such as camping, RVs, job sites, recreation, residential, and others during power outages and emergencies.
Although, they have various features aimed at running quietly. So, we advise you to choose the one from the listed above that is suitable for your needs.