Best DuroStar generator 2021- Products Overview
Are you looking for the best generators? There are a number of brands, choosing the right one can be a challenging task. Here we are to introduce the best generators' brand on the market today. Durostar is one of the popular and well-known brands across the world. They come up with a wide range of options with a reliable Durostar engine, which guarantees the engine's durability. Durostar is well known for its quality products and affordable prices.
This is a leading and trustworthy brand produced by Duropower, a company based in California. They have started to manufacture generators since 1992 and offer a wide range of generators. Durostar is a sister brand of Duromax generators. They are reliable and offer 30 days replacement warranty and a 1-year limited part warranty.
Durostar generators meet all standards and specifications of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and California Air Resources Board (CARB). Thus, the generators are eco-friendly and can be used anywhere. On this page, we are going to give a brief about the Durostar generators. Let's have a close look at this topic for more information.
Before choosing the best generator for your variant use, there are some factors to be considered. Here are some crucial factors you need to consider before buying the best generators.
1. Durostar Generators – Fuel Type
The Durostar generators offer portable generators and Dual Fuel Hybrid generators. They are an ideal option for camping, outdoor events, tailgating, and job sites. They act as a powerful home backup power source, making them suitable for residential use as well.
Most of the Durostar generators are dual-fuel generators, which can be run on either gasoline or propane, a perfect option for taking you the generators on trips anywhere. Since they are dual fuel options, letting you switch between the two fuels according to your convenience.
Both are easily available but offer different runtimes. In general, liquid propane delivers a fabulous runtime compared to gasoline. It can be a good option for the long run as it maintains the same potency for longer. So, you can buy and store it for a longer period.
2. The Engine & Power output
The Durostar engine is powered by Duromax, which is a robust, reliable, and durable engine. They play a vital role in powering output. The powered engine helps to extend the long life of the generators, thereby increasing their durability. With low maintenance, you can use it for a longer period.
Power outputs are another crucial consideration when it comes to generators. In this case, the Durostar generators offer a good power output. They vary from one another model. It is usually measured by watts. The power output determines how many appliances have to be connected to it. The Durostart power output ranges from 1050 watts to 12,000 watts.
Since the Durostar generators are portable generators, you don't have to worry about the size. Most models from Durostar are lightweight and compact and can be transferrable with ease anywhere. Size is important for larger generators. However, the Durostar generators are not too big or small, but they are portable. The dimensions of the generators are quite perfect, ensuring easy transportation. Apart from that, they come with never-flat tires and folding handles to make them move around easily.
4. Run time
In general, the fuel tank capacity determines the run time of the generators. Besides, a powerful and efficient engine is vital to make the unit fuel-efficient. In this case, the Durostar generators are no exception since they meet all standard options. Though they are portable generators, they offer a good run time compared to their competitor models, which is approximately ranging from around 8 to 12 hours.
As discussed, the Durostar generators are more affordable and value for the money. The incorporated features justify the price. However, you are advised to check that you are getting worth for money before buying it. The Durostar generators start from $300 to over $1200.
6. Noise Levels
Noise level is crucial when it comes to generators. A generator that makes huge noise is not suitable for camping, outdoor events, etc. If you aren't care about the noise level, you are wasting your money on the wrong generators.
The Durostar generators are super quiet generators, thanks to their eco throttle and noise muffler. All the variants by Durostar operate at a low noise level, which is very decent than its competitors. Though they are portable generators, they include an inverter technology, which supports the lower noise level. Durostar aimed to keep their generator noise level low so that you and your neighbors won't get disturbed when partying, camping, or any outdoor events.
However, they are EPA approved and CARB III compliant, making them a perfect option for camping, tailgating, job sites, residential, and so on. We suggest you check how much noise the generator will emit during the process before you buy.
7. Interface and Design
It is important to have a portable generator with a simple design and easy user interface. Since they are easy to transport and maintain, they will be efficient and have a long-lasting effect than other options. In this case, the Durostar generators come with an open frame model, which makes the generators lightweight and compact. The cast iron steel construction ensures the extended durability adds value to the Durostar generators. They are also attached with a wheel kit and handlebars to move around and transport generators with ease.
8. Recoil or electric start
Most portable generators by Durostar will come up with both recoil or electric start. An electric start is simple and easy to use compared to recoil. A manual start involves pulling a start handle cord, which requires some energy and effort to pull over it to start the engine. With an electric start, a simple push-button or turning a key is enough.
9. Other Features
DuroStar generators have other protective features to prevent various damages, including low oil shut off, a circuit breaker, voltmeter, and many more. A control panel consists of various controls to let you access them in one spot. Low oil shutoff makes sure the generator runs safely with no damage. It helps shuts the engine automatically when it reaches low oil. The circuit breaker, on the other hand, protects overloading. They have various power outlets and power plug configurations, providing you the flexibility to set up multi appliances.
Top Best Durostar Generators
1. DuroStar DS4000 generator
Are you looking for budget-friendly Durostar generators that have an average power output? Then, try out the DuroStar DS4000S generator. This meets all your expectations and standards in terms of reliability and performance. Moreover, the Durostar 4,000-watt generator comes at an affordable price. Investing your money in this generator is quite worthy. It will impress you with its starting power of 4000 watts and continuous power of 3300 watts.
This is a good companion for you while camping, partying, job sites, etc. Besides, the generator could be the best option where power failure is common. The generator can run on gasoline and deliver a good run time of 12.3 hours at 50% load, thanks to its medium-sized 4 gallons fuel tank capacity.
The Durostar 4,000-watt gasoline-powered portable RV grade generator features a fuel gauge to let you know the fuel levels, ensuring the engine from running out of fuel. When it comes to the noise level, it operates at 69 dBA, which is a decent noise level for portable generators. The generator is powered by 208cc 4 cycle air-cooled OHV engine, which is powerful and generates clean and constant power to operate sensitive electrical appliances like television, mobile phones, computers, etc.
The various controls in the generator come with proper labels for easy identification. It is constructed using a steel frame, which is robust protects the engine and other internal and external parts from damages. The rugged construction makes the unit withstand any harsh weather conditions, making it an ideal option for camping, job sites, outdoor activities, etc. Though it is a bit heavy, a pair of wheels and foldable handlebars aid for easy transportation.
Highlights of DuroStar DS4000 generator
- This has a powerful and reliable 208cc air-cooled engine that generates a starting power of 4000 watts and a running power of 3300 watts to keep multiple appliances active during a power cut.
- Though it is slightly heavier with a weight of 95 pounds, the wheel kit and handlebars make portability easier.
- Proper ventilation keeps the engine and other internal components cool, thus ensuring durability.
- With a 4-gallon fuel capacity, it delivers a run time of 12.3 hours at 50% load. There is a fuel gauge to indicate the fuel level. It lets you refuel the tank accordingly.
- An air-cooled engine supports outstanding performance, while an exterior steel open frame protects the entire unit from any damages.
- It is a relatively quiet generator and operates at 69 decibels. But there is a noise muffler to cut down the sound level.
- A low oil shutoff will protect the engine from getting drained.
- The control panel consists of various controls, including an ON/OFF switch, voltmeter, fuel gauge, and a circuit breaker.
- The power outlets are one 120V 30A outlet and two 120V 20A household outlets to run multi appliances in parallel.
- It comes with a warranty of one year.
- The spark arrestor prevents the spark from entering outside during the engine's internal combustion.
- It is EPA approved and CARB III compliant, making it suitable for both indoor and outdoor activities.
Durostar DS4000S Portable Generator, Yellow/Black Garden & Outdoor
- Plenty of Power – With 4,000 peak watts and 3,300 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- Powerful Engine – The DuroStar 208cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools
- Low Oil Shutoff – Protects your investment by automatically shutting the generator off when i... Read More
2. Durostar DS4400E Portable Generator
Durostar DS4400E portable generator is popular among people for its outstanding performance. This is more reliable, durable and can perform any task with ease. The Durostar 4400-watt generator is powered by a 210cc one-cylinder OHV engine, which generates a starting power of 4400 watts and running power of 3500 watts. This can run more appliances in your home at the same time.
This is not just for residential but also for campers, job sites, outdoor events, and so on. It features a pair of wheels and a handlebar to make transport easier. The power output keeps things warm and active during power outages. The powerful engine helps conserve fuel and make the unit fuel-efficient. When it comes to the noise level, it sounds at 69 dBA, which is average among portable generators. It can run around 8 hours at 50% load on gasoline, thanks to the 4 gallons fuel capacity. This is a completely excellent runtime compared to other models.
The Durostar 4000-watt portable generator features a low oil LED light indicator to indicate when the oil level is low. If you are forgetful to act the indication, no worries! There is an automatic fuel shutoff that brings the engine to a halt after reaching a low fuel level, thereby prevent the engine from malfunction.
It weighs 137 pounds, making the unit compact and lightweight so you can move around or transport the unit anywhere you want. The Durostar 4400-watt generator is a great option not just for household appliances but also camping or job sites power tools as well.
Highlights of Durostar DS4400E gas-powered portable Generator
- It has a powerful 210cc air-cooled four-stroke OHV engine which generates a starting power of 4400W and 3500W.
- The open frame steel construction and inbuilt never-flat tires and handlebars ensure easy portability.
- It lets you start the engine either using an electric or recoil starter
- The MX2 technology helps you avail maximum power from each receptacle
- The interface and design of the generator adds value to the whole unit
- The starters are covered with a rubber cap to make them stay for longer
- The fuel gauge helps you monitor the fuel level in your generator
- It delivers a good run time of 8 hours at half load with its 4-gallon fuel capacity
- The noise muffler aids for quieter operation by cutting down the noise level
- The low oil shut off shuts the engine off when the oil level is low
- The circuit breaker prevents the engine from overloading
- There is a control panel that lets you access more controls in a single spot
DuroStar DS4400E Gas Powered Portable Generator-4400 Watt Electric Start-Camping & RV Ready, 50 State Approved, Red Everything Else
- Plenty of Power – With 4,400 starting watts and 3,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- Powerful Engine – The DuroStar 210cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools
- MX2 Technology - Get the maximum power from each of the 120-volt receptacles. Choose between o... Read More
3. Durostar DS10000EH watt Generator
Are you looking for a generator that has high wattages? Try out the Durostar 10000-watt hybrid dual fuel portable generator. It is suitable for a large-sized home with heavy appliances, including a refrigerator, air conditioner, microwave, etc. Since it can operate the refrigerators during a power failure, it helps preserve the food you've stored. The generators with average watts can't power high-power appliances simultaneously, but the high watts generators can. In this case, the Durostar 10000-watt generator is no exception. They can run more appliances in parallel.
Since it is a dual fuel generator, you can run on either gasoline or propane. Both are available with ease at an affordable price. But the propane is easy to store and comes for longer without lacking its potency. It includes several power outlets, including a 120V 30A twist-lock outlet, two 120V household GFCI outlets, one 240V 30A outlet, and one 240V 50A outlet.
The Durostar 10000-watt generator is powered by a 439cc OHV engine, which generates a starting power of 10000 watts and running power of 8000 watts to run heavy appliances in parallel. The MX2 technology helps you get maximum power during the process from their power outlets. There is an idle control to lower the RPMs when not in use, thus conserving the fuel and reducing the noise.
The best thing about the generator is it comes with improved features that are easily accessible. Durostar Durostar 10000 portable generator lets you start the engine using recoil or electric. As discussed, an electric starter is easy to operate with a simple push-button. We suggest you use recoil right after installing the unit for better performance. It will be useful when you find difficulties with an electric starter.
Highlights of Durostar 10000-watt Generator
- Durostar DS10000EH Dual fuel generator has a powerful engine of 439cc 4 stroke air cooled OHV engine.
- The generator delivers a starting power of 10000 and 9500 watts and running power of 8000 and 7600 on gasoline and propane, respectively.
- This can be an ideal option for powering even heavy electric appliances
- The dual fuel generator can be operated on either using gasoline or propane
- With an 8.2-gallon fuel capacity, it runs for up to 10.4 hours on gasoline and 8.6 hours on propane at 1.4 loads.
- The power outlets are two 120V household GFCI outlets, one 120V 30A twist-lock outlet, and one 240V 50A outlet.
- The control panel consists of a digital multimeter and push start button for easy operation. It is compatible with many applications.
- There are voltmeter and 12V DC charging ports for charging batteries
- The never-flat tires and handlebars make transport easier
- It is approved by EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and CARB (California Air Resources Board).
Durostar DS10000EH Dual Fuel Portable Generator-10000 Watt Electric Start-Home Back Up & RV Ready, 50 State Approved, Red/Black Garden & Outdoor
- Plenty of Power – With 10,000 starting watts and 8,000 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- Dual Fuel Technology – This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice
- Powerful Engine – The DuroStar 439cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage appl... Read More
4. Durostar DS13000EH Dual Fuel Portable Generator
As the name suggests, the Durostar 13000 watt is a dual portable generator that can be operated on using both gasoline or propane. The enclosed construction protects the engine and other internal and external components from harsh weather conditions—the red and black colors are used as a color pattern for easy identification. The inbuilt wheels and folding handles make your transport effortless.
The Durostar 13000-watt portable generator is powered by a powerful 500cc air-cooled OHV engine, which generates a running watt of 10500W and a peak watt of 13000W. This power output is complete enough to power more household electrical appliances simultaneously during emergencies.
The enclosed design runs the engine with lower noise and keeps the noise level minimum. It is likely to be a normal conversation of your neighbors. Apart from that, there is a noise muffler to reduce the noise level. The spark arrestor helps prevent the spark from entering outside during the engine's internal combustion. The DuroStar 13000 generator comes with many user-friendly features, making it ideal for beginners as well. The power panel has many safety features, including an automatic low oil shutoff system, low fuel indicator, voltmeter, and circuit breakers.
The generator can run for up to 8.5 hours and 6.5 hours at 50% load on gasoline or propane, respectively, thanks to its 8.3 fuel capacity. When it comes to the noise level, it operates at 74 dBA. This can be a perfect option for both commercial and residential use.
Highlights of a DuroStar 13000-watt Generator
- A powerful 500cc OHV engine delivers a starting watt of 13000W & 12350W and a running watt of 10500W & 9975W on gasoline or propane, respectively.
- Though it weighs about 236 pounds, the attached wheels support easy portability.
- It is suitable for running household appliances as well as power tools at job sites.
- This diesel generator operates at a noise level of 74 decibels. Further, you can reduce the noise level using noise mufflers.
- The control panel consists of power outlets like two 120V 20A GFCI outlets, one 120/240V 30A twist-lock outlet, one 120V 30A twist-lock outlet, and an 8.3A 12V DC port.
- It has safety features like an automatic low oil shutoff system to stop the engine when low oil levels are detected.
- The spark arrestor will prevent the sparks from entering outside the unit during internal combustion.
- It comes with a warranty of three years
DuroStar DS13000EH Dual Fuel Portable Generator-13000 Watt Gas or Propane Powered Electric Start-Home Back Up & RV Ready, 50 State Approved, Red/Black Garden & Outdoor
- plenty of power – with 13,000 starting watts and 10,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- dual fuel technology – this generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice
- powerful engine – the durostar 500cc ohv engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage app... Read More
As a whole, the Durostar generators are a complete package of all essential features. All their models are available at a reasonable price, but there is no compromise regarding performance and efficiency. The power output is enough to run the virtual devices during a power shortage. Though most of them are heavy come with wheels and folding handles for easy portability. The inbuilt safety features ensure the generator's safety. In short, buying a DuroStar generator is a good decision with no compromises.