Dual fuel generator
For emergencies and camping.
Dual fuel generators are the ones that have two fuel options, namely gasoline and propane. Having two fuel options is an advantage, and these generators are portable too. Both the fuel options have their fair share of advantages and disadvantages. Gasoline is easily obtained but causes noise and creates high fumes. On the other hand, propane is quieter and clean, but they give less wattage power than gasoline. Since dual fuel generators depend on fuel, they contain fuel tanks. The fuel tank capacity is important, and if the generator has a higher fuel tank capacity, it will be useful and does not require frequent fuel change. If you need a generator for small home appliances, a less wattage generator will do the task. But if you are looking to charge your entire home and high power appliances, you need high wattage generators.
These dual fuel generators are the latest in the generator business as they have mostly replaced gas-powered generators. These indoor generators are less noisy, less polluting, and have hassle-free maintenance. Most of the dual-fuel generators are portable and suitable for indoors too. They might not be as eco-friendly as solar generators, but they give you high power at ease. A generator is an investment for long-term use, and you should know where you are putting that money into. You don't want to end up with a generator that doesn't suit your needs. Since many dual fuel generators are on the market, selecting the right one can be a tough task. But don't worry as we have got you covered. Our research team has conducted various tests and has come up with the best dual fuel generators on the market as of 2021.
Best dual fuel generators:
- DuroMax XP12000EH Generator-12000 Watt
- Champion Power Equipment 200961 2500-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Inverter Generator
- Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen9500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator-9500 Rated
- Champion Power Equipment 76533 4750/3800-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Generator
- DuroMax XP5500EH Electric Start-Camping & RV Ready
- DuroStar DS13000EH Dual Fuel Portable Generator-13000 Watt Gas or Propane Powered
- Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Electric Start
- Sportsman 4000-watt dual fuel generator review
- WEN DF475T Dual Fuel 120V/240V Portable Generator with Electric Start Transfer Switch Ready
- Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen3600DF Dual Fuel
1. DuroMax XP12000EH Generator-12000 Watt
|30 x 29 x 26 inches
As a portable generator, this can power most of your large home appliances like refrigerator and AC, etc. This is also a dual fuel generator, so you get two fuel options: gasoline and propane. There is also a non-hybrid version of this generator namedXP12000E if you are willing to check that out. You get a starting 12000 watts and 9500 running wattage. The control panel has several buttons on the side, which might be confusing and intimidating at first, but once you get to operate them daily, you will get the hang of the controls. The electric key starts and easily switches on the generator.
As a whole, the Duromax XP12000EH generator is a powerful one that has powered every household item. It comes in handy during emergencies, and the fuel options are an added advantage. This generator is specially designed for heavy-duty and should be on your wishlist. The body is very strong and can withstand harsh conditions. This is one of the most reliable 12000 watts generators on the market. This is also affordable than most 12000 watts generators and worth every penny you spend. It offers you a three years warranty if you are using it for residential purposes. If you use them for industrial purposes, you can get an added year on the warranty period.
Why we love DuroMax XP12000EH Generator-12000 Watt:
- With 9500 running watts, it can charge high-power appliances.
- The four-stroke engine gives more torque.
DuroMax XP12000EH Generator-12000 Watt Gas or Propane Powered Home Back Up & RV Ready, 50 State Approved Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator, Black and Blue Garden & Outdoor
- Powerful DuroMax Engine: the XP12000EH is powered by a DuroMax, 457cc OHV engine.
- Dual fuel technology: the ability to run on propane or gasoline allows the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice.
- Plenty of power: with 12,000 starting watts and 9, 500 running watts, This unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools.
- Maximum power: with DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of th... Read More
2. Champion Power Equipment 200961 2500-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Inverter Generator
|Champion Power Equipment
|17.3 x 12 x 17.7 inches
With only 39 pounds, the Champion 2500 watt portable generator is the lightest on in the market. It produces only 53-decibel sounds, so it is quiet during functioning, too, so that you won't be disturbed. This 2500 watt generator can run up to 11.5 hours, making it a perfect travel companion. You can parallel them with another 2500 watt champion generator for maximum power outcome. It gives you clean electricity, so there are no environmental damages.
Champion is one of the most popular brands in the market since 2003. It has a good reputation for producing and designing the right quality equipment. Today, Champion has expanded its equipment with portable generators, home standby generators, inverter generators, and engines. According to the survey, Champion has sold over 2.5 million generators in North America alone. It is the worldwide market leader in providing robust and reliable equipment.
Why we love Champion Power Equipment 200961 2500-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Inverter Generator:
- It is lightweight and compact.
- The parallel kit allows you to connect them with another 2500 watt champion generator.
- Comes with a three years warranty and lifetime technical support.
Champion Power Equipment 200961 2500-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Inverter Generator, Ultralight Garden & Outdoor
- DUAL FUEL: Operate your 2500-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus at only 39 pounds, this inverter is one of the lightest 2500-watt inverters in the industry
- QUIET OPERATION: With an ultra-quiet 53 dBA from 23 feet, enjoy 2500 starting watts, 1850 running watts and up to 11.5 hours run time on gasoline, and 1665 running watts and up to 34 hours on propane
- PARALLEL READY: The optional, sold-separately clip-on parallel kit enables th... Read More
3. Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen9500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator-9500 Rated
|Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment
|27.2 x 26.1 x 26.5 inches
With 11200 peak watts and 8500 running watts, the Westinghouse Wgen9500DF generator is one of the most efficient and high-power suppliers in the propane generator category. If you are running them on gasoline, the running watts can reach up to 9500. It has two GFCI 120V 5-20R household receptacles, one RV ready 120/240C 14-50R, and one transfer switch ready 120V L14-30R. This generator has a heavy-duty 457cc four-stroke OHV engine which gives you a long-lasting performance. It also comes with a remote start key fob, 12V battery charger, etc. With the freedom of switching fuels, this generator is a must-buy for home power needs.
The control panel contains different switches, which might be intimidating at first, but once you get used to the generator, it becomes easy to operate. You can easily switch the fuels between gasoline and propane according to your fuel supply. It has different wattage variants so that you can select them according to your power needs. This generator is CARB compliant and has a 6.6 gallon of tank capacity. It weighs around 220 pounds, so you might need some assistance while moving them around. This generator has a rubberized wheel which makes the moving process much easier.
Why we love Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen9500DF:
- It has 17.5 hours of running time with 25% of the load.
- It is equipped with a 457 cc OHV engine.
Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen9500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator-9500 Rated 12500 Peak Watts Gas or Propane Powered-Electric Start-Transfer Switch & RV Ready, CARB Compliant, Blue Garden & Outdoor
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 8500 Running Watts, 11200 Peak Watts (Propane); Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 12 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, and One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke ... Read More
4. Champion Power Equipment 76533 4750/3800-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Generator
|Champion Power Equipment
|26.3 x 24.8 x 22.9 inches
This 3800-watt generator can run on both gasoline and propane and has low oil shut-off sensors. The 224 cc engine can be powered up with a handy toggle switch which comes with a battery. You can easily monitor the voltage, runtime, and hertz, and you can track your generator's maintenance. It has one 120V 30A RV outlet, one 120V 30A locking outlet, and two 120V outlet homes. It has a built-in surge protector that helps the generator prevent any overloads. This champion generator comes with a three-year warranty and lifetime technical support, making them a reliable purchase.
It has a four-stroke engine and a single-cylinder for fuel. The noise level of this generator is 68 decibels which are good for a portable generator. You can use this generator for home, work, and on your RV trips. There are different wattage variants in this Champion generator to select them according to your needs.
Why we love Champion Power Equipment 76533 4750/3800-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Generator:
- It comes with an electric start.
- It has a low oil shut-off feature.
Champion Power Equipment 76533 4750/3800-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Generator with Electric Start Garden & Outdoor
- Dual Fuel: Operate your 3800-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 0.6-quarts of oil (included) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Electric Start: Power up the 224cc Champion engine with the handy toggle switch, battery included
- Intelligauge: Keep track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals. Dimensions-26.3 x 24.8 x 22.9 inches
- Outlets: One 120V 30... Read More
5. DuroMax XP5500EH Electric Start-Camping & RV Ready
|22 x 25 x 22 inches
Duromax XP5500EH has 5500 starting watts and 4500 running watts, which can power up heavy electronic appliances from the refrigerator, AC, and high amperage power tools. The dual-fuel technology gives you a flexible choice of fuels and helps you select them according to your needs. It has a 224cc OHV engine which is a workhorse that can handle high-power pieces of machinery. It can juice up heavy-duty tools and high voltage appliances. The MX2 helps you to switch between 120 volt and 240 volts simultaneously. In this way, you can select either one volt or use 120V at full power.
It is less costly maintenance, and propane is generally less expensive. They do not harm your engine's internals, and they can be stored indefinitely as they have a longer shelf life. It is 142 pounds, so you might need a little help while installing them in its place. This generator is a great companion for RV traveling people. It has "all copper windings" and has a 3.9-gallon tank which is good for a portable generator. The outlets on the power panels are GFCI protected. It is easy to start and maintain, and overall, it is a great deal for its price.
Why we love DuroMax XP5500EH Electric Start-Camping & RV Ready:
- It has a powerful 224 cc engine which gives you good power.
- The MX2 technology will allow you to switch between 120V and 240V.
- The fully-featured power panel is very useful.
DuroMax XP5500EH Electric Start-Camping & RV Ready, 50 State Approved Dual Fuel Portable Generator-5500 Watt Gas or Propane Powered, Blue/Black Garden & Outdoor
- Plenty of Power – With 5,500 starting watts and 4,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- Dual Fuel Technology – This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice
- Powerful Engine – The DuroMax 224cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage applia... Read More
6. DuroStar DS13000EH Dual Fuel Portable Generator-13000 Watt Gas or Propane Powered
|29 x 30 x 26 inches
Durostar DS13000EH has plenty of power with 13000 starting watts and 10500 running watts. It can charge up heavy electronics such as home air conditioning, refrigerator, high power tools, etc. The dual-fuel technology allows you to switch between fuels at ease. The 500CC OHV engine works smoothly, which gives you plenty of power during emergencies. This generator has a fuel-saving feature that reduces the generator's RPM and generator's noise. This generator is ideal for worksites and construction where power supply is a constant need. The power panel has various outlets which are compatible with multiple applications.
Why we love DuroStar DS13000EH Dual Fuel Portable Generator-13000 Watt Gas or Propane Powered:
- It has a 500cc OHV engine which generates high power.
- It is easy to control and maintain.
DuroStar DS13000EH Dual Fuel Portable Generator-13000 Watt Gas or Propane Powered Electric Start-Home Back Up & RV Ready, 50 State Approved, Red/Black Garden & Outdoor
- plenty of power – with 13,000 starting watts and 10,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- dual fuel technology – this generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice
- powerful engine – the durostar 500cc ohv engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage app... Read More
7. Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Electric Start
|Champion Power Equipment
|25.1 x 17.3 x 18.3 inches
Champion 3400 inverter generator is a dual fuel generator that works on both gasoline and propane. It weighs around 96 pounds but is suitable for carrying around in your RV and good for home use. The 3400 watts can power up many electronics and home appliances. It has a low oil shut-off sensor and electric start features, making this generator easy to use even for newcomers. The quick panel allows you to control your generator at a single spot. It has 59 decibels, which is quiet and neighbor-friendly. If you are camping or trekking, you will need a generator that is both quiet and efficient. This generator will be the best choice for people like you.
It has 3400 starting watts and 3100 running watts which covers your emergency power needs. The electric start will be on your generator even in cold weather. It has two household outlets, 12V Dc outlets, and a dual USB adapter that gives you clean power for all your electronic devices. You can always combine them with other ideal generators with parallel ready features if you need additional capacity. The best part of Champion generators is their warranty period and fantastic customer service. This generator comes with a three years warranty with lifetime technical support.
Why we love Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Electric Start:
- The parallel kit will help you to connect other ideal champion generators for more power.
- It has an electric start with a three-position ignition switch.
Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Electric Start Garden & Outdoor
- Dual Fuel – Operate your 3400-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 0.6-quarts of oil (recommended 10W-30) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Convenient Electric Start with 3-Position Ignition Switch – Battery included, plus Quick Touch Panel allows you to access all your controls in one spot.Noise Level :59 dBA at 23 feet. Frequency 60 Hz
- Ultra-Quiet Operation – 59 dBA is perfect for RVs, tailgating,... Read More
8. Sportsman 4000-watt dual fuel generator review
|24.5 x 16.5 x 17 inches
This Sportsman 4 000, 3 500 watts gas-powered compact generator has an assortment of employments. It includes a few power ports, including four 120 volt outlets at 60 Hz for different passages. The generator is furnished with four 120 volt outlets, one 120 volt RV outlet, and a 12 volt DC source for battery charging. This generator can run different little machines like microwaves, little ovens, lights, and espresso producers. It is additionally ideal for running versatile TVs and charging batteries. This would be a great generator for RV voyaging, open-air sports occasions or celebrations, and even homes as a crisis power reinforcement.
This sportsman 4000-watt dual fuel generator is ideal for small electronic appliances and gives you two fuel options. This generator is lightweight and portable so that you can carry them around with ease. It works efficiently on lower altitude regions and gives you its peak performance. It juices up most of your small household items, and they can even charge refrigerators. A 4000 watts generator is enough for a house during emergencies. This is a perfect investment for your home, apartment and it is worth the money. As the oil plug is in a terrible spot, you will want this to attract metal shavings magnetic drain plug supergiant products.
Why we love Sportsman 4000-watt dual fuel generator review:
- It has a high-power engine which gives you 10 hours of running power with 50% load.
- Weighing only 90 pounds, it is easy to transport.
- It has a low oil shutdown which makes it safe for operation.
Sportsman GEN4000DFC, 3500 Running Watts/4000 Starting Watts, Dual Fuel Powered Portable Generator Garden & Outdoor
- 4,000 Watts Rated, 3,500 Starting Watts; Outlets: 4-120V outlets, 1-120V RV outlet, 1-12V DC outlet, regulator hose kit included
- Dual Fuel Capable - operates off Propane or Gasoline, 212cc OHV Engine; EPA & CARB (California) approved
- Runs for 10 hours on a full tank of gas (3.6 gal.) or propane tank at 50% load, Decibel rating < 69 decibel
- Recoil Start, Weight: 90 lbs.; Dimension: 24.5" (L) x 17" (W) x 16.5" (H)
- 1 Year Limited Wa... Read More
9. WEN DF475T Dual Fuel 120V/240V Portable Generator with Electric Start Transfer Switch Ready
|23.2 x 17.5 x 18.5 inches
While operating on gasoline, the Wen DS485T generator has 4750 surge watts and 3800 running watts. And when running on propane, it has 4350 starting watts and 3500 running watts. It has dual voltage options, namely 120V and 240V, and they are easily transferable during emergencies. It has a 224cc four-stroke OHV engine which comes with an electric power start and a turn-off key. Wen generators have been a reliable source of power since 1951 and have given some of the best generators on the market. This generator has a four-gallon fuel tank which is enough to power your essential appliances. It also comes with a wheel and handles kit, so it is easily portable. This is an ideal generator for emergencies, camping, tailgating, and construction sites, etc.
Why we love WEN DF475T Dual Fuel 120V/240V Portable Generator with Electric Start Transfer Switch Ready
- The attached wheel and handle kit makes it easy to transport.
- It comes with regulators and overload protections.
WEN DF475T Dual Fuel 120V/240V Portable Generator with Electric Start Transfer Switch Ready, 4750-Watt, CARB Compliant Garden & Outdoor
- Switch between gasoline (4750 surge watts, 3800 running watt) and propane (4350 surge, 3500 running) with the simple turn of the selection dial
- Voltage easily goes from 120V to 240V, perfect for transfer switches and emergency backup
- Electric start powers the 224cc 4-stroke OHV engine with the turn of a key
- 4-gallon tank provides up to 11 hours of half load run time
- Includes two 120V GFCI outlets (5-20R), a 120V/240V NEMA 30A twist lock (L14-30R), a 12V D... Read More
10. Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen3600DF Dual Fuel
|Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment
|23.3 x 22.8 x 21.3 inches
The legacy Westinghouse brand has created is impeccable, and they are well known for their high-quality portable generator among the masses. They have made some groundbreaking technologies and given some innovative generators for the groups. This WGen 3600v generator is compact, lightweight, and easily portable. They make good companions for Rv and campings. It will be a reliable power source for various electronics and essential appliances. It has a 68dBA decibel sound, which makes it one of the quiet generators of Westinghouse.
The Westinghouse WGen3600 produces 4650 maximum watts and 3600 evaluated watts on gas, 4180 pinnacle watts, and 3240 running watts on propane. A 212cc 4-cycle motor forces it. It has a 4-gallon fuel limit tank that assists with getting a charge out of force yield for a more extended time frame. In this way, it runs 18 hours on gas and 20 hours on propane at 25% burden. It accompanies four electrical plugs, a distant starter, and a press button. Likewise, it has a low oil shut-off that turns off the motor, consequently identifying low fat in the generator. You can get a 3-year guarantee for this model.
Why we love Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen3600DF Dual Fuel:
- It is one of the quiet portable generators.
- It has a long-running time of up to 18 hours.
Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen3600DF Dual Fuel (Gas and Propane) Electric Start Portable Generator 3600 Rated 4650 Peak Watts, RV Ready, CARB Compliant Garden & Outdoor
- 3600 Rated Watts & 4650 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 3240 Rated Watts & 4650 Peak Watts (Propane); 4 Gallon Fuel Tank (with Fuel Gauge); Electric Push Button and Remote Start
- Intuitive Control Panel Features a 5-20R 120V Duplex Outlet, an RV-Ready TT-30R 30 Amp Outlet, and an L5-30R 30 Amp Outlet
- 212cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine; Long Lasting Cast Iron Engine Sleeve; Automatic Low Oil Shutdown
- Plug-and-Play! Comes With a Propane Regulator Hose, Handle, Heat... Read More
A dual fuel generator is a great choice for looking for fuel options and easy portability. The generators mentioned above are some of the best moving and most reviewed generators on the market. They can power up all types of electronics and are suitable for emergencies. They are also affordable and worth the investment you put on them. We hope that this article has helped you to select the right generator for your home.