2 Best Dual Fuel Generators 2021 – Overall Review
Sometimes, we all will have to run the electrical appliances in our homes or job sites off-grid during power failure. The generators are the only choice to run all these devices simultaneously.
Though there are a lot of generators, some situations make you search for dual fuel generators.
The dual generators can be run on both gas or propane, making you operate it with any of the fuel options.
Due to this increased demand, there are a lot of dual-fuel generators out there. Choosing the best one can be a challenging task. So, here we come up with the best dual generators available in the market today after going through about 40 products in the market. Continue reading to know more interesting facts.
1. Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator
The Champion 3400 watt is a powerful and versatile dual fuel inverter generator. It is loaded with inverter technology, so there is no doubt that it will be quieter.
This model is powered by a 192cc Champion engine, which ensures the durability and performance of the generator.
It uses 3400 starting watts and 3100 running watts on gasoline, which is capable of running for up to 7.5 hours at 25% load.
The propane, on the other hand, uses 3060 starting watts and 3100 running watts and runs for about 14.5 hours at ¼ load.
It always produces clean and stable power, less than 3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), making it ideal for sensitive electronic devices like mobile phones, laptops, tablets, etc.
You can find more outlets on this package, including two 120V 20A household outlets, one 120V 30A RV outlet, and one 12-volt DC automotive outlet with a USB port.
Features an electric and recoil starter, allowing you to use this with any of either starter according to your comfort.
There is a Cold Start Technology, which ensures an effortless start for all weather conditions, even in cold weather.
It operates at 59 dBA, so it’s considered as one of the quieter generators from Champion. And the noise level would be less than a normal conversation of the people, however, depending on the load, making it ideal for RVs, camping, homes, job sites, etc.
So, when you run the generator at minimum load (25% load) on Economy mode, you can enjoy a quieter operation than you expected.
|Power Output (Gasoline)||3400 starting watts and 3100 running watts|
|Power Output (Propane)||3060 starting watts and 3100 running watts|
|Fuel capacity||1.6 gallons|
|Runtime||Up to 7.5 hours on Gas, up to 14.5 hours on Propane|
|Engine||192cc 4 stroke OHV engine|
|Noise Level||73 dBA (Decimal units)|
|Power||Dual fuel (gasoline & Propane)|
|Start Method||Electric, Recoil|
- Excellent dual fuel generator
- Allows you to start with either electric or recoil.
- 3 years limited warranty
- Multi charging outlets
- Can be used for various applications
- Comes with wheel kit and handle, ensures the easier mobility
- Clean and stable power for sensitive devices
- Low oil shut off for extended engine life
- Excludes remote starter
Overall, the Champion 3400-watt dual fuel inverter generator offers decent power output to operate all major appliances in your home. It is quieter, compact, reliable, portable, and user-friendly.
Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Electric Start Garden & Outdoor
- Dual Fuel – Operate your 3400-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 0.6-quarts of oil (recommended 10W-30) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Convenient Electric Start with 3-Position Ignition Switch – Battery included, plus Quick Touch Panel allows you to access all your controls in one spot.Noise Level :59 dBA at 23 feet. Frequency 60 Hz
- Ultra-Quiet Operation – 59 dBA is perfect for RVs, tailgating,... Read More
2. Duromax XP4850EH 3850 Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator
The DuroMax XP4850EH dual fuel portable generator is another pick as this would be the best choice for various uses.
There is a recoil and electric starter with battery which is making the startup process easier and effortless.
It delivers 4850 starting watts and 3850 running watts on gasoline, while 4608 starting watts and 3658 running watts on propane.
Its fuel capacity is 4 gallons, which means it can run for a longer period. When it comes to the run time, it operates for 10.42 hours on gasoline and 8.92 hours on propane at 50%load.
It comes with three different outlets, including one 120/240V 30A L14-30R receptacle, one duplex 120V 20A 5-20R GFCI outlet, and a DC outlet with a 12V 8A output.
This generator makes a noise at 69 dBA, which is slightly higher than others in this list, but perfect enough for residential uses, RVs, etc.
Features an open frame design, which reduces half of the generator weight, ensuring it is good to move around and transport anywhere.
Its packed Air-Cooled Engine keeps the engine cooler always, even at heavy load, extending the engine life for longer.
The control panel helps you monitor the performance and status of the generator. And the light indicator in the generator helps you to know when the oil level is low.
|Power Output (Gasoline)||4850 starting watts and 3850 running watts|
|Power Output (Propane)||4608 starting watts and 3658 running watts|
|Fuel capacity||4 gallons|
|Runtime||Up to 10.42 hours on Gas, up to 8.92 hours on Propane|
|Engine||Duromax 210cc 4 stroke OHV engine|
|Noise Level||69 dBA (Decimal units)|
|Power||Dual fuel (gasoline & Propane)|
|Start Method||Electric, Recoil|
- EPA approved and CARB compliant
- Good value for money
- Suitable for household appliances and businesses
- Open frame design with handle and wheel kit
- 1-year parts warranty
- Three outlets for different charging options
- Air-cooled engine technology for increased engine life and excellent performance
- Slightly heavier with 125 Ibs, but its wheels and handle make the portability easier
Overall, the DuroMax XP4850EH is one of the best and most powerful units in the market. It is also user-friendly, reliable, and budget-friendly.
DuroMax XP4850EH Generator-4850 Watt Gas or Propane Powered-Electric Start-Camping & RV Ready, 50 State Approved Dual Fuel Portable Generator, Green Garden & Outdoor
- Plenty of Power – With 4,850 starting watts and 3,850 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- Dual Fuel Technology – This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice
- Powerful Engine – The DuroMax 210cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage applia... Read More
Do you live in places where natural disorders are common? Then, going for the dual fuel generator would be a wise decision. In that situation, gasoline demand would be high and difficult to purchase. When you have dual-fuel generators, you can use Propane instead of gasoline.
It is because dual fuel generators are more popular and valuable globally. All the listed Dual Fuel Generators are top-rated models in the market. You can also buy them at an affordable price. So, choose the one that apts your demand and needs.